Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Speed Bump #10

As I stated in #9, my youngest broke his nose.  Today in the middle of spring break he had surgery to fix his nose.  Dennis and I took him even though it was thought I should stay home.  I couldn't do that.  He is my baby and I knew he was scared, especially to go under anesthesia.  So we went.  Surgery was at 11:30 and he checked in at 9:30.  By 1:00 I was done with sitting in the wheelchair.  My personal seat was sore.  Dennis wanted to take me home but I needed to see Matthew.  I finally did and while he was still recovering enough to come home, I was taken home.

Hubby and I are not communicating well these days.  I talk too much, ask too many questions.  He wants quiet morning coffee, quiet mid-mornings, noon, afternoons and evenings.  I do know he is under a lot of stress and everything is dumped on his shoulders.  I try and try to stay quiet or ask less.  But who can I talk to?  I asked my eldest about it, about why I get so anxious.  Her response? "Because you have very little, if any, control anymore."  I read about this man who was paralyzed and Home Improvements (tv show) built him a new house which gave him back much of his independence.  One quote he said about the hardest part of his life was "waiting for others to respond to his requests".  Bingo!  In a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment