Friday, January 21, 2011

Speed Bump #3

Today during school (did I mention I teach 8th grade civics?) I am being visited by someone from Assistive Technology.  I find it really hard to accept that I am in the position of needing help but accept it I must.  I obviously find writing (the old fashioned way) more and more difficult.  Of course being right-handed and it's my right hand that I am losing use of is another irony I must face.

You know that cable show, "What Not to Wear"?  Every time they talk about the terrors of elastic waist pants I want to scream, "How else am I suppose to get my pants up??"  I really don't want to be that frumpy old lady in the scooter ads.  When I turned 50 I thought I had to start wearing shirtwasit dresses to "dress the part".  I remember someone asking me if I felt that way?  The answer was no then and is still no today.  However, I now need to look at ease when alone to care for myself.  I've concluded if I try to look "sharp" from the waist up, who cares what I'm wearing from the waist down!  Right?

1 comment:

  1. Right! A nice smile, pair of earrings, and a cute top are all we post-50 folks need!

    ReplyDelete