Sunday, January 23, 2011

Speed Bump #4

All of you out there who lather themselves with lotion after you bathe, you are to be envied.  The whole shower experience is demoralizing enough.  When it comes to applying lotion, well many days that just doesn't happen.  Partly because I don't want to "ask again" for something I should be able to do for myself.  And I can to a point slap lotion on my shins and say, "done".  Those of you old enough, do you remember the Little Feat song, "Feat Don't Fail Me Now"?  Well 50% of my "feet" do fail me so rarely do they get a treat of lotion.

One time when the dryness reached desert proportions, I broke down and asked hubby to put lotion on my legs/feet before I went to bed.  Now understand, turning over in bed is a challenge when one leg is "dead" from the knee down.  It now involves a lot of hip movement and gravity to roll from one side to another. Along with reaching behind me to grab the headboard.  This night, however, the amount of lotion on my legs had me stuck on my back unable to turn left or right.  The sheets were stuck to my legs and I couldn't unstick them.  So there I lay listening to hubby sleeping peacefully.  I was finally able to lift the covers with one hand, hold the headboard with the other, scoot the hips till one foot went over the other and then like a tub that finally overflows, I was able to roll/flop on my side.

I think I was able to get a few hours rest before nature called!

No comments:

Post a Comment