Friday, May 20, 2011

Speed Bump #13

Strange but humerous entry.  As I sit throughout the day either reading, praying, or watching tv, I have to try not to need to go to the bathroom.  I can't do it on my own and I really don't think a neighbor wants that phone call.  I have resisted the "Depends" avenue but have finally gone to those protective liners.  They remind me of what we wore back in the days when first having those "monthly visits".  I have the wad on and unless I sneeze it stays dry.  The other day I was in my new power chair (the one that can go horizontal to relieve pressure on your seat) and I just had to go.  I was maintaining my composure when I coughed and the floodgates opened!  I sat there and thought, "Wow.  I have a M.Ed. so I must have some intelligence.  And here I am peeing in my pants."  Depressing but at the same time very funny.  Later when Dennis called to check in I told him there was no need to hurry home that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment