Monday, May 23, 2011

Speed Bump #14

I am quite upset today.  Nothing seems to be going smoothly thus a speed bump entry.  I one thing I really hate about all this is the loss of independence.  I find there is less that I can do for myself.  For example, adjust the AC.  I can't reach it so I wear sweaters and wrap blankets around me.

I also hate becoming invisible.  My eldest avoids and my youngest ignores my parenting.  I wanted to first excuse the youngest because of the stage in his life, the teenager, but find I cannot.  I'm not dead yet so please listen when I talk.  Respect my requests.  For my eldest (and only girl) I think she resents the notion that because she is the female, she should naturally do for her mom.  Wrong generation!

I get so lonely here all day long with no one to talk with or share my time.  When the family comes home, I want to talk.  Verbalize.  They are tired from their day and don't want to talk.  This is when I truly miss teaching.  The interaction with other adults and the quirkiness of 8th graders (that are not my own).

No comments:

Post a Comment