Thursday, May 26, 2011

Speed Bump #16

I spent an hour this morning trying the cpap machine we got last week.  We haven't really started during the night simply because Dennis viewed it as one more thing to do in the evening.  Now that soccer season is over perhaps he won't be as exhausted as he has been.  I feel so bad for him.  He takes Matt to school and picks him up ( since this is not his home school but where I teach), does the grocery shopping, laundry, yard work, and cleans the house.  He also takes care of my needs, dresses me each morning and gets me in bed each night.  Besides that he teaches 5 levels of German.  There are repairs to the house he cannot get to or even know how to do it.  Since I am not working and short term disability hasn't kicked in yet, we are missing a third of our income.

We had hoped that Peter could find a part-time job in Virginia Beach.  He had one interview but I gave him the wrong date!  He went to it a day late.  First priority is school but he just needs a small job to help his self-esteem and pocket money.  I really screwed up there.  I just really wish that something good would go his way just once.  He thinks no one will ever take a chance on him.  It's hard to have faith when he doesn't have faith to begin with.

We have some people from church coming to see if they can help with some repairs.  I hope they can because this would be one answer to prayer.  Now if we could find someone to help me mid-day with lunch and personal needs that would help out.  Even to come by and talk with me would break up the day.

I leave with one bit of wisdom:  A bedside commode is only good if the bucket is in there!  Think on that one and you have a view of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment